Sunday, May 12, 2013

I'm a Tom Waits baby

So, as you can see the name of my blog is 'Well My Angels May Leave Too' and I figured I'd explain it. There's a gorgeous Tom Waits song called 'Please Call Me Baby'.You may recognise it from the beginning of the Edward Norton film 'Keeping the Faith' (that film satisfies so many priest fantasies). If not, here's a video.
I love this song, it's just wonderful. I love Tom Waits, he is such a great singer and the lyrics just slay me. In this one particular song it has one of my favourite lyrics. 'If I exorcise my devils, well my angels may leave too.'

I just love this lyric, it means so much to me. It's about accepting the good with the bad and all that makes up who you are. We are all so flawed but it's about realising that's okay. There's a great quote by Sam Keen that goes


“Love isn't finding a perfect person. It's seeing an imperfect person perfectly.” 


We're all imperfect and despite striving for perfection, we'll never obtain it. We'll always find something else to worry about. It's just wasting time that we could spend on something worthwhile. I have to accept the things I hate because they make up the person that I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment